Making carrot dough, according to some rumors, ensures that a soup tradition unique to the Turkmen continues today. What’s Carras
The answer to the question will be a dough prepared in pudding consistency. This dough and soup, known as the name of intermediate vaccine, has changed over time and has been named as carrot and is consumed together with the soup of the same name.
How to Make Carrot Dough?
Because it was eaten between meals, it was named as intermediate vaccine and carbass over time. There are activities organized annually for carrot dough and soup, which is one of the special tastes for Yozgat. The carrot tradition is common in the Central Anatolia Region and continues to be kept alive in the provinces of Yozgat, Kayseri, Konya, Mersin and Niğde.
What is Carrot Dough Recipe, What are the Required Ingredients?
Required materials for carrot dough;
- 10 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons can be listed as flour.
Carrot dough recipe is as follows;
- A suitable tray should be left to be heated with the help of the oven.
- In a suitable pot, add 6 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of salt and leave to boil.
- 4 cups of water and flour should be mixed in a separate container. It will be useful to do the mixing work well.
- The mixture of flour and water obtained should be poured slowly in boiling water in the pot. Mixing process should continue while pouring process.
- After this mixture boils, it should be cooked by stirring continuously for 15 to 20 minutes.
- It should be poured into the preheated tray and put in the refrigerator to cool. It will be ready for service after cooling.
- The dough can be cut in desired ways for service.
Things to Consider While Preparing Carrot Dough
It is very important to obtain a smooth consistency when preparing the flat dough. The dough should usually be left to cool before making soup. It is very important to warm the tray before pouring in order to serve the dough more comfortably after it is ready.